Transaction Net Ultimate Resources:
- The Internet Health
Resources web site provides access to both Internet-wide health
information (useful wherever you live) and local health information (for
the San Francisco Bay Area).
- There's a San Francisco chapter of Webgrrls, an international network of and for women interested in personal or professional use of computers and other communications technologies.
- TheSan Francisco Recycling Program site provides information on the hows and wheres of recycling, composting, and resource conservation throughout the Bay Area.
- The San Francisco
Society is a looseknit group of Merry Makers.
- Working with some of the most economically disadvantaged young people
in the Bay Area, Plugged
In is a
community access and training center for computers and the
Internet in East Palo Alto, California. If you're interested in setting
something like this project up in your own community, check out how you can do
what they do.
- San Francisco Sex Information has given out free and anonymous sex advice for 25 years, and they're still going strong.
- The Hunter's Point
Artist Community is represented on the web.
- The San
Francisco Bay Area
Volunteer Information Center provides information about volunteer
opportunities in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- The Social Justice Center of Marin keeps you up-to-date on environmental, economic justice, labor, health care and civil rights issues in Marin County.
- The internationally recognized Electronic
Frontier Foundation is a non-profit civil liberties organization
working in the public interest to protect privacy, free expression, and
access to public resources and information online, as well as to promote
responsibility in new media.
- The Computer
Project was established as a
California nonprofit corporation to collect surplus computers and funnel
them off to nonprofits and educational programs that wouldn't otherwise
have computer resources available to them.
urgent need to work toward the elimination of prejudice and hate. A basic
tenet of their philosophy is that until we learn to accept each other -- we
can never hope to realize the fullness of our potential as human beings.
- CINA (The Chinese
Networking Association) is a non-profit organization that advocates
technology and business opportunities in information and
- The South and Meso American Indian Rights Center
(SAIIC) exists to ensure that the struggles of Indigenous peoples for
self-determination are heard.
- Located in Berkeley, Arab World and Islamic Resources is a non-profit
organizations dedicated to the awareness of Arab and Islamic culture.
- The City Democratic Club, one of the oldest democratic clubs in the area, has a web site listing upcoming club events.
Can you suggest
other Bay Area-related sites
for us to review?
What else are you looking for?
We'd love to hear from you. Let us know what you think about our Ultimate Resources page, or let us know about additional sites we should be aware of.
Review this site!
For the latest on S.F. happenings, check out San FranZiskGo!.
Or, go back to Transaction Net.