Transaction Net Ultimate Resources:
- The San Francisco Museum of Modern Art houses some of the world's best modern art--and in a very cool building.
- The Asian Art
Museum is renowned the world over for its permanent
collection, and hosts incredible touring art exhibits from all over Asia.
- The California Academy of Sciences is a multifaceted research center and museum located in the Golden Gate Park. It's a wonderful place to bring children, and it's the only museum in the state of California which is open 365 days out of the year.
- The beautiful Mexican Museum is currently located in Fort Mason but
will be moving to a much bigger space near the Yerba Buena Gardens by the
- The California Historical Society site links to all the museums in California, grouped by county.
- The Musée Mechanique at the Cliff House has a tremendous collection of odd coin-operated mechanical devices, from baseball games to palm-reading machines to simulated executions. It's free, but bring some quarters to run the gadgets.
- Outside of San Francisco, a visit to the Magnes Museum in
Berkeley is in order. Founded in 1962, it's the third largest Jewish museum
in the U.S.
- The Oakland
Museum features natural history exhibits, artwork by local artists,
special ethnic art exhibits, and more.
- The Tech Museum of Innovation is in San Jose and features a section on Interactive Exhibits.
- The University Art Museum is UC Berkeley's principal visual arts center. It is also the home of the Pacific Film Archive, which shows a very diverse selection of classic genre and avant-garde films.
Can you suggest
other Bay Area-related sites
for us to review?
What else are you looking for?
We'd love to hear from you. Let us know what you think about our Ultimate Resources page, or let us know about additional sites we should be aware of.
Review this site!
For the latest on S.F. happenings, check out San FranZiskGo!.
Or, go back to Transaction Net.