- Internet Health Resources presents a directory of Bay Area Health Resources.
- The Women's Cancer Center in Palo Alto provides information for physicians and patients on cancers affecting women, including breast, uterine, and ovarian cancers.
- The Berkeley Free Clinic meets the health care needs (peer counseling,
anonymous HIV testing, men's STD clinic,
women's health clinic, dental care, referral services, a variety
of general medical concerns, and more) of people who can't afford to pay the going rate for a clean bill of health.
- The National Breast Cancer Research Foundation aims to help prevent breast cancer by advancing research on its origins. Its home page links to other breast-cancer organizations focusing on diagnosis and treatment options, like A Patient's Guide to Breast Cancer, Questions and Answers About Mammography, and NOAH's Breast Cancer page.
- Silicon Valley's Healthy Community-Healthy Economy Network home page.
- The Women's Health Resources Center at the Palo Alto Medical Clinic is open to the public, and provides a multimedia library of resources on women's health--as well as a registered nurse to assist you in your research.
- HIV related:
- the Integral Yoga Institute, for over 25 years, has helped people harmonize all aspects of their bodies and behaviors.
- UCSF VA Medical Center maintains an extensive site with research, prevention information, and other patient resources.
- UCSF medical students offer a free clinic for the homeless and indigent four times a week.
- The Zen Hospice Project provides compassionate care for people approaching death, and promotes understanding and acceptance of death as a part of the life cycle.
- The Family Caregiver Alliance offers education, research, services, and advocacy to assist caregivers of people with Alzheimer's disease, head injury, Parkinson's disease, or other brain impairment.
- San Francisco's Child Family Health International provides free surgery, medical equipment, and other health care resources to children in need all over the world.
- Yahoo! SFBay presents extensive directories of local dentists, community health organizations, and health care professional organizations.